Page 98 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Custom Tracks Worldwide (CTWW) Thread!

Building a castle!

KarterCoin
    100 (0 Banked)
    <strong>QUOTE</strong> Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Bean wont delete bad tracks.
    Every track in the CTGP made it there for a reason, and I don't see why they should suddenly be made to vanish. They're there in case someone likes them, and that's all there is to it. There's plenty of room for new tracks without deleting any old ones. And until there's reason to remove tracks, I'd honestly rather not.

Ultimately, it comes down to what tracks you like, and what tracks you don't. And, you don't have to vote tracks that you don't like. In the update, you'll be able to do what you want with the cup setup. You could make it impossible for yourself to vote on a track you don't like (even your Random button won't pick it). And if you make it into a CTWW room of like minded people, then you'll have some good races on the best tracks (Mushroom Peaks ofc), and if not then you'll probably have a rotten day, but someone else will have a delightful one, because they're racing on a track they like, even if you don't
    Like my lulz/hax? Well, that's nice, but you can't level me up even if you want to.
    Live streams (mainly CTWWs) from me: http://www.twitch.tv/MrBean35000vr

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    <strong>QUOTE</strong> Originally Posted by MrBean35000vr View Post
    Every track in the CTGP made it there for a reason, and I don't see why they should suddenly be made to vanish
    Reasons like: "we need 1/2 more tracks to make a whole cup" or "it's a new CT so it must be in" (it was like that till CTGP 4.4). Why they should vanish? Because their Creators could make the better but they dont want to. The CTGPR needs a standard of quality and not simply "it doesnt give a blackscreen so it can be in" like already 50% of the Tracks got in. Something like "i liked the mushroom itembox in the last version so both will be in" is nonsense too. If a Custom Track Creator knows that his tracks has KCL glitches and/or KCL problems HE should fix it so he shows that he cares about his CT. It isnt your job to make bad track drivable and then include it in your Custom Track Distribution.

...and if not then you'll probably have a rotten day...
    No. I will not play a game where it can happen that i have no fun. Many people already stopped playing the CTGPR online cause Trolls vote bad tracks just to ruin the fun or even worse just to glitch. In my opinion CTWW glitchers dont deserve it to play the game because we are a community which work hard on Custom Track or the Custom Track Distributions to be almost at Nintendo quality. To perform glitches offline is perfectly fine but online its just sad.
    [03:33:28] Tock!?: we are team brainfart XD
    [03:33:39] YOURMUMSMIND: lol yeah

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    Every track in the CTGP made it there for a reason, and I don't see why they should suddenly be made to vanish. They're there in case someone likes them, and that's all there is to it. There's plenty of room for new tracks without deleting any old ones. And until there's reason to remove tracks, I'd honestly rather not.

Ultimately, it comes down to what tracks you like, and what tracks you don't. And, you don't have to vote tracks that you don't like.
    The CTGPR needs a standard of quality and not simply "it doesnt give a blackscreen so it can be in" like already 50% of the Tracks got in.
    I agree that there should be a better minimum standard of quality. I understand that creating a custom track is difficult and not everyone is capable of making a professional quality track and you mentioned in your stream that people were rating harshly, not considering the difficulty of creating the track, but if you look at it from an objective point of view some of those tracks are pretty bad. You can tell when someone has put effort into their tracks (e.g. Lunar Spaceway, Sky Beach just to name a few) and those that have had a "creative" idea and made a sub-standard track. Regardless of how much time and effort they may have put in a bad track is still a bad track. If you were to buy a professionally made game and saw that you would want a refund. Granted these are all made for fun and not money but like Tock said it shouldn't be a case of "it works, lets include it."

This isn't a case of whether you like the track or not it is a case of quality control. There are some Nintendo tracks that people don't like but they are still good quality tracks.

/mytwocents

3DS FC
    0430-8292-9599
    KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    I totally agree with you two above, there are some tracks that are troll bait that I think should go. Yes, there are others that are still fun to play on that are really bad to today's standards (like Northpole Slide) but others aren't really fun at all (like Tree Circuit or BigBox 1).
    I am not a help service for problems with getting or making custom tracks.
    Requests of any form will be ignored.

Building a castle!

KarterCoin
    100 (0 Banked)
    Ok, so this will kinda be a reply to both Tock and slawter's posts.

You gotta remember, we're not Nintendo and never will be. These are tracks made by fans and there is a limit to how good they will be. Tock, we all know you're brilliant at making tracks, and the quality is second to none. But not everyone is as good as you... I know I'm not. I want to give everyone's tracks a chance, at the very least. That's why there are more than 32 slots to begin with, and why I included so many random tracks that perhaps I shouldn't have in the previous updates. I realise that's a problem, and that's why I've started this streaming business for picking the next tracks. A different kind of chance, as it were. By the by, be flattered that I like both versions of SNES BC3 enough to include them They're totally different to each other, and both really good.

Regarding online glitchers, I don't think you'll find anyone who detests them as much as I do. I'm all for banning every single one of them, and I would if a certain brother of mine didn't think it to be a bad idea. Instead, we're fixing the glitches to stop them in the next version, and don't worry... you won't be able to swap in an old SZS file to keep access to glitches, and updates to the pack can happen daily if required. Thus, the glitching problem should not be prominent in the update. I too recognise the amount of work that can go into custom tracks. If you look at Tree Circuit as an obvious example, it's a really pretty, nice track and it's just crippled by the fact that hardly anyone actually drives around it and nobody can vote it just in case someone knows about the flawed checkpointing system.

I'm interested to see what is considered a "bad" track by many. Would you call me a noob if I said I like it if I ever see a vote crop up on places like Northpole Slide, Space Road, GBA Cheep Cheep Island (the original one)? Those ancient Paint tracks that defined the original CTGP? This may be just me alone talking, but I'd miss them if they were gone. I know for a fact I'm the type who likes to cling to the past, and I don't think those tracks would ever see another distribution if they were gone. I really don't like that idea. Just doesn't sit right, seeing as I've had so much fun with them in the past. You'll have to forgive me on that one.

At the very least, thanks to the streams, the minimum standard for a track to be accepted has changed. So I'm hoping the update will be generally better quality than what we've seen before. However, I'm sorry, but for the time being we are certainly keeping the current lineup of tracks as well as the new ones. Since the new update gets its own channel that me and Chadderz will control, we'll be able to do statistics gathering about what tracks people play and like, and include in their cup selections. When we've got some good numbers, then I'll seriously consider the removal of unwanted tracks. The reason why I want to get these statistics is that I don't think we get the entire picture from just random posts on this forum; and indeed there are a lot more players of CTGP than you might think... the good example is the Mushroom Peaks problem. Many here would demand its removal, yet it is consistently the number 1 voted CT on CTWW (as undeserving as it may be). And there are so many names I don't recognise picking all sorts of different tracks. You can now find a room on CTWW almost 24 hours a day, which only indicates to me that it's growing; and I have no idea who the majority of the people are anymore. The CT players demograph has changed drastically.

...As a statistic, from when it was mirrored on Rapidshare in April of this year, the CTGP has received more than 16,000 downloads. And we know maybe... 100 of those people, if we're lucky? Admittedly, some of those will be repeat downloads, but also bear in mind that this is just from one mirror; and there are several others. The other people who don't post here are unknown quantities, and they are entitled to an opinion as well.

I'm sorry if some of the choices I make to do with the CTGP irritate some people, but this is why options are being created, basically. The CTGP channel will offer a lot of control over how CTGP Revolution plays. Set it up how you want, and play it how you want. That's the general idea behind it, and it's something that has been in the works for a long time.

Anyways, that's enough of a wall of text, I'm rambling at this point.

EDIT: Oh, and BigOto, BigBox 1 is gone. See? I can do it if I try, lolol
    Last edited by MrBean35000vr; 24th Aug 2012 at 17:30.
    Like my lulz/hax? Well, that's nice, but you can't level me up even if you want to.
    Live streams (mainly CTWWs) from me: http://www.twitch.tv/MrBean35000vr

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    #MrBean35000vr My Friend asked me to ask you how to get on CTWW, he got error code 20102.

KarterCoin
    7 (0 Banked)
    There is a problem with the statastics; there are enough troll voters to make a track be picked alot and you probably won't be able to see they are trolls or not. There are indeed a few tracks that have to be removed from the pack, just because they have received an update or are just horrible to drive on. I think it must be clear to you which tracks are only voted to troll.

I also think you shouldn't depend on people watching your stream too much. There are a lot of decent ct creators who don't come to xat anymore and are not aware of your stream. Thus are there tracks added in the update which are, in my opinion, bad created and not fun to drive on. The rejected tracks got big glitches or where just horrible. So in general the stream doesn't change alot.

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    You know why Mushroom Peaks is voted so many times? Exactly. Because YOU made it and all of your fanboys vote it. It's like those 1 million XXXX35000vr guys.

Do you remember how SNES BC3 got into the CTGPR? I "begged" for 3 days that you include it and you did it because there were one spot left for a Cup. Now you like the old version so much that you dont want to exclude it? Why do i update Tracks when you dont exclude the old track? I only update a Track if im not happy anymore with the Track and then i want that my new version REPLACE the old bad version. (Especially because the first one always will win on this track cause of the 3 mushrooms).

Why do you think do i update BC3, BC1 and GCN Sherbet Land?

Why should Tracks like "Jungle Safari", "Illusion Canyon", "Rezway 1" and "Northpole Slide" (and many more obviously) stay in the CTGPR if the Creators dont take care of their Tracks and update them? They dont need to be perfect but atleast have a quality standard (they dont need shadow mapping, vertex colors or expert texture mapping).

and @the stream/xat: Nothing against you are the guys there but most are Trolls (not really many on the chat), Fanboys or have low standards cause of all the bad tracks in the CTGPR.
    [03:33:28] Tock!?: we are team brainfart XD
    [03:33:39] YOURMUMSMIND: lol yeah

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    @MrBean35000vr, I am all for nostalgia and legacy tracks but there are some tracks that are absolutely terrible.

And true that the people who post here are just a fraction of the people who use CTGP-R + CTWW and I think the only way to get an accurate projection of people's opinions would be to include a rating system within the pack itself.

For example a 3-tier rating system (up to 5 stars) where people would rate the visuals of the tracks, how fun it is to play online and another import aspect which I can't think of at the moment. There will obviously be trolls who vote some tracks ridiculously high/low but by the principal of averages if enough people vote on the tracks then it should discount any anomalies. Obviously glitches will skew the results but as they will be able to be patched quickly after discovery it shouldn't affect the results too much.

I think that would be the only way of getting an accurate consensus from the CTWW community.

Speaking of quality control, I've recently fixed up the cup icons of the existing tracks as they had white pixels around the edge and some stretching. I hope the new cup icons won't have these problems as it detracts from the professionalism of the pack.

Yeah I don't really care for MK8

KarterCoin
    14 (0 Banked)
    You know why Mushroom Peaks is voted so many times? Exactly. Because YOU made it and all of your fanboys vote it. It's like those 1 million XXXX35000vr guys.
    I think it's more to do with the fact that its a frontrunning track and if you know and tt'd enough at that course you can almost always win if you're facing a bunch of players (like myself) who just can't seem to get the hang of it.

Anyway back to topic i'll agree on removing some of the old CTs. Or atleast having the owners update them and one i'd like to bring up is Yoshi Lagoon. The positioning glitches on that course are awful nobody can deny that one. The boost pad near the end of the lap can sometimes have a well i don't know how to explain it but it can cost everything.

Christmas Dream has a death zone... if you accidently swerve into it (which is sort of easy) you're stuck there and there's absolutely no way to move or even respawn. And you eventually get d/c'd.

Rezway, well i've heard skype called ctwws on Youtube saying "OH OH PICK REZWAY!! it'll make the others mad" It's used as an excuse to troll.

Tree Circuits a nice course but you're doomed if someone picks it to glitch it, because half the room always follows that person glitching.. then again i didn't need to say this one.

I'm not complaining, i feel Bean, Tock and Slawter all have valid points here. All i'm trying to say is people should update so Mr Bean wouldn't have to remove and lose the past CTs and have the worry of removing something people liked. (minor updates of glitches not to do with image of the track otherwise that would be a V2 in a different cup which i'm not so much for.)

If the newer version is 100x better, quality and all i see no further need of version ones but if there's a need for both of them to be in, i'd reorganise the cups so it's clearer.
    Last edited by iCyb; 24th Aug 2012 at 19:30.