Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you care about K/D? Is K/D the only factor that determines skill?

Azurik The Wolf #17
    The Wolf of Justice AzurikTheWolf's Avatar
    Clan
    WOJ

NNID
    Azurik.S.Koopa
    KarterCoin
    11 (0 Banked)

Do you care about K/D? Is K/D the only factor that determines skill?

I pose a question to all of you that play MW2. Do you care about your K/D? and is k/d the only factor that determines skill? Personally, I don't care about k/d because to me it is nothing but a number but it seems like it is a determining factor to people skill.

I watched a YT video yesterday on this and according to this video if you don't have a K/D over 2.00 then basically you suck. Right now I think I have like 1.8 or something like that on PS3 and I have like a 1.2 on Xbox. I only hear my K/D if people tell me that I have a high or low one I just focus on trying to help the team and doing my best. So what do you guys think? I would love to hear from other people that is really good @ this game because I am not good myself I just play and work on the little things to try to improve.
    Last edited by AzurikTheWolf; 07-12-2010 at 07:51 AM.
    Sig Made by Kris

Has No Status
    Clan
    ω

NNID
    =Classified=
    KarterCoin
    204 (0 Banked)
    Most people that have high K/D's ♥♥♥♥♥ out TDM or Domination and imo are useless tards in modes that are NOT TDM or FFA. KD's are the easiest way to determine a basic level of skill its like VR/BR in MKW and no I do not care for my KD especially on consoles where its never above 1 to begin with anyway since I fail hard with the dual sticks and also if you can get an above average KD and capture the most point/plant the most bombs then you might get my attention over just whoring out and chaining KS's together.

^Thanks RosaX ^
    Motherboard: Asus P6X58-E WS | CPU: Core i7 920 @ 4.01ghz | Memory: 24gb of 1600mhz RAM | GPU's: 2 GTX 680's in SLI |
    Storage: 4x 1TB HDD's and 1x Samsung 840 Pro 256gb SSD | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop | Case: NZXT Phantom 630 | Monitors: Asus VH236H + PA238QR

Hop inside of my hovercraft

KarterCoin
    44 (0 Banked)
    I have 2.15 but i think k/d dosent mean nothing as to 1v1

I'd rather go negative and win then go positive and lose.
    Last edited by ll-SqUiD-ll; 07-11-2010 at 09:04 PM.
    Spoiler

Has No Status

KarterCoin
    11 (0 Banked)
    I don't play much, but I don't care about K/D. I go around committing suicide and stuff. -shrugs- But I do try my best when I actually try.

Has No Status

NNID
    Don't play it anymore
    KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    I think killing streak and death streak are more important than k/d
    some people start being a newbie but the become better in killing and surviving

Has No Status

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    i dnt pay attention to my k/d but i do no its over 2.25 . i try to be a team player by making my team wins and in some occasions i win it with a nuke

Has No Status

NNID
    1234-5678-9101
    KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    KD doesent meen anything really so no

Has No Status

NNID
    BBA322
    3DS FC
    2921-9444-2010
    KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    Probably for me yes, more than no. I have a 1.48 atm I think?
    Yes, I usually rage if I start taking deaths for stupid reasons and find myself heading towards the negative zone. I HATE showing a negative K/D at the end of a match... even if I got kills, it just means I still didn't put up anything for the team. I'd rather be up on top than the bottom, I'm just competetive that way, always ahve been, always will be... nothing wrong with it. This comes from a core TDM player btw. The only objective I usually like doing is GW, but I know the friggen OBJECTIVE at least >_>
    The same goes for those matches where I'm positive for my team, while the rest are horribly negative with the enemy having constant air support out. I like winning :l The fun in the game comes from me pwning people with my classes and doing well for it >_<
    If I go negative a match, I stay in and look forward to trying to pwn in the next. The only time I rage out of a match to preserve my K/D is when the room is laggy as heck, or my own connection is being awry.

BTW Kain, that video you watched (I've seen it as well) is just an elitest butt-hole that thinks he's better than anyone. He has negative matches as well, even if he doesn't post them up. Pay NO attention to him. Heck, if you look at the GFaqs boards, and tried typing in K/D... there's SO many people with different views on about what is and isn't good. Everyone has the potential to have awesome K/Ds. Not to mention what you start with can have an impact on how quickly you're able to climb. If you start bad, it'll take a bit of time to fix it.
    Last edited by BBA322; 07-12-2010 at 01:08 PM.
    Youtube Hub
    Offroader fanatic since 2008~

Has No Status

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    With the amount of bulls*** in this game, K/D is a small factor when determining skill. Win/Loss doesn't mean anything, unless maybe you ♥♥♥♥♥ Barebones FFA all day or win with no nukes, because one person will find it very hard to carry a team (unless they have a nuke lol) to a victory if the opposing team has 6 coherent, decent players. People can easily go above 2.0, or more, whoring out OMA/D. Close classes, or Mara/Lightweight/Commando melee rushing classes. Either that, or people just post up in Domination all day and farm Chopper Gunners while defending/possibly camping one point while people keep running into his spray. When I dropped into the game, it was the first FPS I played on console since Halo 2, and I sucked hard, because I was used to FPS on PC (CS:S, CoD4, DoD:S, TF2). My K/D was well below 1 until I hit around Level 50 something (no prestige), then I started getting used to it. All and all, with the killstreaks and perks this game has, K/D means virtually nothing, unless now you ♥♥♥♥♥ Barebones like a madman. You can give a monkey a controller, tell him to kill 11 people for a Chopper, hand him an OMA or MLC class, and I'm sure he'll do it. It can perhaps be a measure of the amount of BS you can dodge in one game, maybe walking away 20-2 or something. In my eyes, if you're above 1.25, you're okay. If you're not, then I won't hold it against you.
    Last edited by Darth Chomuk; 07-12-2010 at 01:21 PM.
    World of Warcraft: Revy, Savior of Azeroth | Railgun, Destroyer's End
    DarthChomuk@MyAnimeList
    DarthChomuk@Tumblr
    PlayStationNetwork | DarthChomuk | BB:CSExtend/CoD:Black Ops

No matter what tier. No matter how bad the match ups are. No matter how good or bad I have it. There will be hate. But I persevere. I don the blue beret. I shall pick up Nox Nyctores Arcus Diabolus Bolverk and put my guns on. For if there is an Assault to go Through, a Spring to be Raided, or a Bloom to be Triggered, I will be there. I am a Noel main, the bane of everyone's existence.

Has No Status

KarterCoin
    2 (0 Banked)
    <strong>QUOTE</strong> Originally Posted by Darth Chomuk View Post
    With the amount of bulls*** in this game, K/D is a small factor when determining skill. Win/Loss doesn't mean anything, unless maybe you ♥♥♥♥♥ Barebones FFA all day or win with no nukes, because one person will find it very hard to carry a team (unless they have a nuke lol) to a victory if the opposing team has 6 coherent, decent players. People can easily go above 2.0, or more, whoring out OMA/D. Close classes, or Mara/Lightweight/Commando melee rushing classes. Either that, or people just post up in Domination all day and farm Chopper Gunners while defending/possibly camping one point while people keep running into his spray.
    this.
    K/D is just a number imo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast