Page 1 of 1052 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: CTGP Revolution v1.03.0050! (No Homebrew Channel Needed!)

Building a castle!

KarterCoin
    210 (0 Banked)

CTGP Revolution v1.03.0058! (No Homebrew Channel Needed!)

LAST UPDATE: 17th September 2014: CTGP Revolution v1.03.0058!

ALL 4.3 USERS REJOICE! A homebrewless-method of loading Custom Tracks on v4.3 for any region is now available!

This is NOT a replacement to the Model Hacking thread. This is an announcement of a set of new developments that can allow anyone with an SD card to play on the custom tracks.

IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT SUPPORTED BY NINTENDO AND COULD VOID YOUR WARRANTY. IF IN ANY DOUBT, DO NOT DOWNLOAD.

Introducing... The CTGP Revolution Channel! This is a piece of homebrew developed by me and Chadderz for Wii, that allows you to play the CTGP Revolution custom track pack with ease! It also allows for automatic updates for glitch fixing, and some other features that we couldn't get on the old Riivolution. You also don't need anything fancy like the Homebrew Channel to make things run. Read on for more info...

This should be compatible with PAL, NTSC-U and NTSC-J versions of Mario Kart Wii!
    You will need your original disc, but most people should have one of them, right?

If you want to try this and have no Homebrew Channel, first check your Wii version number. All of the packs below have the latest custom tracks inside and everything you need to get started.

Notice for those who find their save data has gone missing after install:

If you start the game and realise your saved data is missing, reload CTGP Revolution Channel, go to Settings and turn "Save game on SD card?" off. You will then be able to load your saves as normal.

CURRENT VERSION: CTGP Revolution v1.03.0058

CTGP Revolution v1.03 is the latest CTGP update. It features a brand new menu system for selecting CTs, where the custom tracks are stored inside of new cups. There are 216 custom tracks (or was it 217?) to pick from and all of Nintendo's tracks are still present too. Sadly, battles do not function, and ghosts can't be saved. However, online play is working like a charm! You can even search for other CTGP Revolution players using the included Custom Tracks Worldwide (CTWW) function!

New to v1.03 from v1.02 - Much is new. Many a bugfix, many a new feature. Primary new features are lap count mods; some courses will have different lap totals to others. Speed mods, which allow track authors to dictate how fast their tracks go. A character changer that can be used in between races by pressing START or + on a VR screen. An updater inside the CTGP Revolution Channel so you never have to download another full pack from us again. And of course, more tracks!

We're also using Wiimmfi, the custom server by Wiimm and Leseratte, to continue playing online! So even though Nintendo WFC is shut down, you can still play this pack with friends and randomgoers!

There are some bugs; we've got a few black screens and sometimes the CTGP Revolution Channel won't connect to the Internet to get its verification. But, usually a restart solves everything. We're working on features, though!

One thing to note: It is highly recommended to leave the "Save to SD card" setting ON. Several users have reported that CTGP Revolution claims that their save file is corrupted and needs deleting for some obscure reason; if you have the save to SD option on, then your original save data will NEVER be affected. It's also handy for operating a seperate CT roster without changing your FC.

And finally, if you need an unban code to get online, we now have a setting for that! In CTGP Revolution Channel, simply go to the Settings and set Unban Code to enabled.

FOR EXISTING CUSTOM TRACK PLAYERS

Download:

CTGP Revolution v1.03.0058

Instructions: Extract this to the root of an SD card containing CTGP Revolution v1.02.0003 or any variety of an earlier v1.03. Say "Yes" to any merge or overwrite prompts!

Your My Stuff folder will be preserved by the channel.

Once you've done that, just put your SD in your Wii, run Riivolution, and it will be able to load the CTGP Revolution Channel. From there, launch the game and enjoy!

Basic instructions on how to install are below; for more detailed ones, please check out CTGP Revolution where we also host links.

FOR NEWCOMERS

If your Wii is Version 3.0 - 4.1 and has no HBC:

Download this: Bannerbomb for 3.0 - 4.1
    and this: CTGP Revolution v1.03.0058

Both are required for the tracks to work.

Then follow these instructions.

1. Extract/copy the contents of both of these ZIP archives onto the root of your SD card. (If your SD card has a folder called "private" already, I recommend you rename it temporarily).
    2. Insert your SD card and Mario Kart Wii, and go to Wii Settings --> Data Management --> Channels --> SD Card. This activates Bannerbomb.
    3. At this point, a message should pop up saying "Load boot.dol/elf?" Say Yes.
    4. The CTGP Revolution Channel should then load. It can then be installed to the Wii menu or just used to launch custom tracks.

If you freeze at step 3, please check the Bannerbomb site.

------------------------------------------------

If your Wii is Version 4.2 and has no HBC:

Download this: Bannerbomb for 4.2
    and this: CTGP Revolution v1.03.0058
    Both are required for the tracks to work.

Then follow these instructions:

1. Extract/copy the contents of both of these ZIP archives onto the root of your SD card. (If your SD card has a folder called "private" already, I recommend you rename it temporarily).
    2. Insert your SD card and Mario Kart Wii, and go to the SD Menu. This activates Bannerbomb.
    3. At this point, a message should pop up saying "Load boot.dol/elf?" Say Yes.
    4. The CTGP Revolution Channel should then load. It can then be installed to the Wii menu or just used to launch custom tracks.

If you freeze at step 3, please check the Bannerbomb site.

If your Wii is Version 4.3 and has no HBC:

You need to complete this: LetterBomb
    And download this: CTGP Revolution v1.03.0058

Instructions:

1. This only works for v4.3. Please go to the first link and enter your Wii's MAC address (MAC address is found in Wii Settings --> Internet Settings --> Console Information).
    2. Untick the box that says "include HackMii installer".
    3. Complete the captcha (enter two words here box) and click "Cut the blue wire". I'm not sure if there's any difference, I think they both function exactly the same. Click the red one if you're bored.
    4. If your SD contains a folder called "private", rename it to "privateold", then extract the downloaded ZIP to the root of the SD card.
    5. Download the CTGP Revolution ZIP and extract this to the root of the SD card as well.
    6. Put SD in Wii, go to Wii Menu, click on the Wii Messageboard. If you can't see the Letterbomb (it's obvious), go back up to two days until you find it, then open it.
    7. The CTGP Revolution Channel will then load. It can then be used to launch the custom tracks, and installed to the Wii menu so you don't have to do all this nonsense again to make things load.

For those people with a Homebrew Channel (any Wii version) who just want an easier way to load these tracks:

Yes, I even covered you guys too

Download this: CTGP Revolution v1.03.0058

Then follow these instructions:

1. Extract/copy the contents of this ZIP archive onto the root of your SD card.
    2. Insert Mario Kart Wii and the SD card into the Wii and load the Homebrew Channel.
    3. The CTGP Revolution Channel should be on your apps list. Run it and have fun!

A VIDEO DEMO (Outdated):

All of this would not be possible without the talents of several people; AerialX and his team for coding Riivolution, the many people who coded Bannerbomb, and Chadderz and the rest of the Mario Kart custom tracks team. Thanks to you all!

For more information and resources for the software used, please see the following links:

Riivolution: GBAtemp discussion, Main Riivolution Site

Bannerbomb: Bannerbomb

Enjoy, everyone!

If you're worried about the legality of all this, you can read legal information, courtesy of Chadderz, here. There is nothing illegal about any of this, but if this'll put your mind at rest, then feel free to read
    Last edited by MrBean35000vr; 17th Sep 2014 at 02:17. Reason: CTGP Revo v1.03.0058

KarterCoin
    10 (0 Banked)
    This is now an unofficial Q&A post.

Q: How does this work mighty Bean?
    A: Riivolution is a programm for the Nintendo Wii which makes it able to change game data while playing from a regular game disk.

Q: It changes data? But won't that damage my wii?
    A: No, it won't. The changes aren't permanent. In fact, no files get changed at all. Riivolution just 'tells' the wii to load files from your SD card instead of from the disk.

Q: Can you take SD card out and have all the orignal tracks afterwards too, or not?
    A: Yes you can. If you turn off your wii, or just go to the main screen to select the 'normal' disk channel instead of the Riivolution way of starting your game it will be back to the way it was before using Riivolution.

Q: Can I get banned by Nintendo for doing this?
    A: As long as you stick to private rooms there is no way you can be banned. If you go in a worldwide with them you take a risk, but I think you can't be banned because it just loads legit files from a legit disk.

Q: So I can go in worldwides with it?
    A: You can, but it isn't smart. Those who don't have the patch will see you flying around, and you will see them flying. Also, since your track is longer than theirs you will lose.

Q: When I try downloading, I get "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable." Do you have an idea what to do, great Erik?
    A: As a matter of fact I do! The main problem is probably the popularity of the item you're trying to download. In the post above mine are now mirror links as well, try those.

Q: I'm blind, could you tell me what file to download?
    A: Yes, I can. If you go to your wii's options screen, you'll see a version number. This is your wii's version. Download the file that matches your wii version number. If you have HBC, download the one requiring HBC. It's easier.

Q: How do you know all this, are you some kind of genius?
    A: Not really. I just spend quite some time at this chat. I also have brains, which I sometimes use.

Q: This is just to play CTs with?
    A: No, you can also edit music and textures using this.

Q: Will you update the file if new custom tracks are made?
    A: I won't, but Bean will! Just check his update vid to see if you have the newest version, it's at the bottom of this post.

Q: When I extract the file I downloaded with windows, I get an error. What should I do?
    A: Try using winzip or winrar to extract the files.

Q: What size of SD do I need for this?
    A: Practicly every size will do. The package I had was a stunning 300mb, so it doesn't really matter how big your SD is.

Q: I want to unlock my failing monkey with sunglasses, but I can't unlock 4 expert staff ghosts by just TTing CTs. Help me!
    A: Some tracks are so short that you can unlock an expert ghost. SNES Rainbow Road, Bowser Castle 2, Cheep Cheep Beach, Thwomp Cave and Mario Circuit 1 ghosts can be unlocked easily. Of course you can also do a lot of WWs to unlock him.

Q:If I'm banned from Wi-Fi and run Riivolution I can't get on Wi-Fi... How can I use unban codes with it?
    A: "Normally, Riivolution just supports direct memory patches. However, Riivolution supports a patching method that can be used with the Gecko OS code handler." <-- From WiiBrew

Q: When I try to load Green Hill Zone, it just opens Peach Beach. Is that an error?
    A: If you still can't Green Hill Zone now, it means you have version 1.2. Please update to the newest version.

Q: What tracks are included in my version, and what track are they patched over?
    A: Again, look at the video at the bottom of this post. There's a track list in there as well.

Q: What is the 'install' button for?
    A: It'll make Riivolution Channel appear on your wii's main menu. It's makes loading easier and faster.

Q: When playing SNES BC2, the game slows down in 1 specific corner... Even in Time Trials? What's up with that?
    A: It's a known problem, currently unable to solve. This is called 'lagcorner' and it's something everyone has.

Q: Do I put this in the private folder?
    A: Just extract the files and copy the stuff you get to the root of your SD. It's quite simple.

Q: Will I get banned if I send my times to Wi-Fi rankings?
    A: No, simply because the tracks are longer and the times won't make it to the actual leaderboards.

Q: Why are these tracks boring?
    A: The art of Model Hacking Mario Kart Wii is something even the most experienced hackers have trouble with... Nintendo takes years making 32 tracks with a lot of people. You really think 1 hacker can make something as good as that in 1 week?
    Also, Chadderz is working on the Course Creator, which will make prettier courses.

Q: Why can't you use these tracks online?
    A: Aaron40, GTFO this post.

Q: When will there be tourneys in this?
    A: Keep an eye on this section of these forums.

Q: Are there TTing leaderboards for these tracks?
    A: The main thread can be found here. If you want your times to be on this thread, submit them here. Of course there are all kinds of other rankins such as kart-only and the soon to emerge wheel and flap rankings.

Q: Where can I see those tracks on youtube?
    A: Some channels provide CT videos, like Flare Soru's (kart TTs), [W-K]Tim's (Bike TTs), EC2 ZigZ@g's (old CTGPs) and of course MrBean's (all kinds of hacking related stuff).

Q: I did everything I should do and still it doesn't work, why not?
    A: This is something that happens to Europeans who have their game running on a diffrent language then English. Try changing your wii and/or game language to English and it will probably work.

Q: Are these custom tracks approved or supported by Nintendo?
    A: They are not, no. If they were, we'd have more DLC nowadays

Q: Is there any risk of voiding our Nintendo Wii console's warranty by downloading and installing any of these software files?
    A: As long as you don't install Riivolution channel, there is no way Nintendo can see if you ever used it. To be sure, don't install the channel.

Q: Is there any risk of being banned by Nintendo if caught using any of these software files?
    A: So far, only vr hacks can be detected. If nintendo knows about this, they can only find out if you upload ghosts. That's why you shouldn't do that.

Q: Is there any risk of our consoles being disabled by Nintendo in future system updates?
    A: No, up till now the worst Nintendo has done is just disable various Homebrew components, and that's only through update. I don't see why this would change now

Q: I have accedently updated to 4.3, does that mean I can't play custom tracks anymore now?
    A: Until there's a Riivo update you can't play CTs anymore. If you have an American Brawl file on your wii you can however, but doing that is quite hard. Instructions are on page 151.

If you have a question that isn't on here, please put it in a post at the end of this thread or ask someone else to help you.

Here's the video I promised, held up-to-date by MrBean35000vr himself:

Q: Why is the information here so terrible outdated?
    A: Because the last time I updated this post was on June 24th 2010.
    Last edited by Erik; 5th Mar 2011 at 07:21.

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    Does this include the XML files?.

Building a castle!

KarterCoin
    210 (0 Banked)
    <strong>QUOTE</strong> Originally Posted by mariobros View Post
    Does this include the XML files?.
    Of course I wouldn't leave them out, it wouldn't work too great without em!
    Like my lulz/hax? Well, that's nice, but you can't level me up even if you want to.
    Live streams (mainly CTWWs) from me: http://www.twitch.tv/MrBean35000vr

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    Nice!
    So you can take SD card out and have all the orignal tracks afterwards too,or not?

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    We love bean for posting this ^_^

Building a castle!

KarterCoin
    210 (0 Banked)
    <strong>QUOTE</strong> Originally Posted by SantosMKW View Post
    Nice!
    So you can take SD card out and have all the orignal tracks afterwards too,or not?
    To get the regular tracks back, all you have to do is go back to the Wii menu and start the disc normally.
    Like my lulz/hax? Well, that's nice, but you can't level me up even if you want to.
    Live streams (mainly CTWWs) from me: http://www.twitch.tv/MrBean35000vr

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    wow nice!!!
    I need to go get my SD card now...

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    It does, I looked. xP
    [CENTER]
    Yus, Custom Driver's License made by me! <3

KarterCoin
    0 (0 Banked)
    Nice.
    Meh... Might install these szs files into my usb iso .