You want to texture hack your menu screens?
Here's a few things you should know.
1) All text isn't a texture (duh). The text is controlled by BMG scripts, and their colors are controlled by BRLYT and BRLAN files.
2) Use SZS Modifier to edit the textures. CTools simply corrupts the TPL files.
3) Changing certain textures can affect multiple things (the yellow around buttons + the background, for example).
4) The blue bar at the bottom of the screen will be hidden by a harry potter effect if the bottom bar itself has semitransparency.
5) The left and right sides of the bars at the top and bottom of the screen are stretched.
6) Most of the menu files have duplicate textures.
7) There are several unused textures.
8) SZS Modifier cannot alter some textures for unknown reasons. If this happens, try replacing it with a TPL file that's the same resolution using CTools (but don't use the texture editor to do so, just right-click and Replace).
9) Any texture that had a transparent background should still have a transparent background, or else you'll get an ugly white/black square around your image.
If there's anything else that should be added, leave a message below.
Last edited by Ultimate Chimera; 02-19-2012 at 12:22 AM.