You will need
A picture editing program that keeps the alpha channel, and supports transparency. I would prefer GIMP or Photoshop.
GIMP Download - GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program
SZS Modifier Downloads
A szs file of your choice.
Open the SZS file in the modifier.
Then open the . folder and the img folder.
Then select a picture you want to edit, double click the picture itself and click File>Export.
Export to somewhere you can find it
Open in a picture editor
Edit to the way you like.
Open the image again.
Import the picture.
Click save then File>Save.
Load with a iso loader or riivolution.
BRSTM Making 1-2 BRSTMs
Things you need
Audacity - Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder
BRSAR patcher (I reccomend 0.9 for no installation) any version will do.
Revo_kart.brsar NO DOWNLOAD LINKS. Extract from iso with wiiscrubber.
Open your audio in Audacity.
Go to effects>amplify and make the music louder.
Go export a wav file by file>export.
Now go to change tempo and change to 15%
Export as wav with a _F at the end of the file.
Open Brawlbox and go to file> new> brstm audio
open the wav.
Then encode and save. Rename to the according filename, please visit enryx's thread for filenames.
Do with the faster BRSTM.
Rename it the same as the first one but instead of _N add _F.
Open BRSAR patcher and patch the filenames the SAME as the brstms you made. Example, n_daisy32_n should be in the dropdown menu and brsar should be loaded and n_daisy32_f BRSTM should be loaded
Place in a iso or my stuff and load with riivolution.
Multi Channel Brstm Creation
Brawlbox brawltools.googlecode.com/files/BrawlBox%20v0.63d.zip (Link should be copy/pasted into browser.)
Audacity - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
mp3 of song
MBRSTM Maker - http://www.mediafire.com/?n1kbp8gfo1lkc6o
(Virus Free, Uploaded by Me)
MY METHOD, DO NOT COPY OR CLAIM AS YOUR OWN
Although I credit ninetales commander for the written guide. But i made the METHOD.
1. Load Audacity
2. Select Audio track to the left of the audio bar and choose "Split Stereo to Mono" Or just make it mono and louder.
3. Export as .WAV file
4. Get the exported file and copy it equal to the number of channels you need, here is a list
Dry Dry Ruins (STRM_N_DESERT_N and _F): 4 Channels
Toad's Factory (STRM_N_FACTORY_N and _F): 4 Channels
Bowser's Castle (STRM_N_KOOPA_N and _F): 6 Channels
Moonview Highway (STRM_N_RIDGEHIGHWAY_N and _F): 4 Channels
Wario's Gold Mine (STRM_N_TRUCK_N and _F): 4 Channels
Koopa Cape (STRM_N_WATER_N and _F): 8 Channels
Copy End Loop
Once you've done that, right click on the "Build -insertnumberhere-CH BRSTM" and choose edit. Once then, you copy the end loop into the set of number after the -
For example, if the original is l81662-5734656 then highlight the 5734656 and replace it with the set of numbers you copied from Brawlbox/BCSM
5. Copy them all to MBRSTM build which is found in the Multi-channel BRSTM Creator
6. Select "Build -insertnumberhere-CH BRSTM and wait.
7. You'll notice a new file titled "Out-insertnumberhere-CH
8. Patch in brsar editor
Open a track with the SZS modifier.
Go to the posteffect folder and right click, export the file with the exact same name.
Open the other szs, go to posteffects folder right click BUT Import the file with the same name.
1. Multi Channel BRSTM Maker doesnt work!
Do not use the copies. Use the ones not marked copies.
2. When I download MBRSTM.zip there are none of the needed files!
Open w/ winrar and extract the contents to a folder.
3. Why did you make this thread?
Lynx removed his and was un stickied.
4. I import a texture with transparency and ingame it has black spots where it should be transparent.
Some textures don't support transparency.
5. If I do character textures and put a pic of the character I want, will it become what I want it to be?
No, you need to edit the raw extracted file if it has specific texture mapping.
6. Brawlbox Crashes! Any help?
Try the new versions or try BCSM Gui (note. crashes are possible with both tools) blog.dantarion.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=8 Version is 1.5
7. I am texture hacking a custom track, when a texture imports it is solid colour in game.
Some CT's with models imported with BRRES Editor makes textures solid color when you import it. Stick to CTS made without BRRES editor when textured.
8. I import a texture and the colors get messed up and there are wierd spots.
CMPR Compression, wont be noticible in game.
9. Textures are screwed mapping wise in game.
Try opening the model editor and resize texture or use a different one.
10. Where can I get a SZS file.
Download a pre textured track (not reccomended) or extract with wiiscrubber or WIT (wiims iso tools)
11. MBRSTM.zip is gone!
Reuploading as soon as I see the message
More coming soon..