TURTLE : Team Up Random Tournament & League of the Extraordinary
Team Up Random Tournament and League of the Extraordinary
Would you like to test and improve your individual and teamworking skills at the same time? Are you willing to master all characters, from light to heavy? If so, this tournament may be just for you.
This is an individual tournament that plays in teams. For each event of the tourney you will be put into a team, the teams and the characters will be picked randomly. You will therefore not be able to choose your teammates or even the character you're gonna play with, since the teams are divided by the characters. If you're lucky you'll get the team you want and the character you want to play with, if you're unlucky... oh well.
- Custom voting, but no repeats. In case of a repeat -15 points deduction for the player's team that repeated
- 3 players per team
- If a player dcs before the first race of a gp (one player missing at the course selection screen) the host must restart the room.
- If a player dcs in the first race of a gp (after the course selection screen) the race must continue, but the player will recieve 12 points for his dc
- If a player dcs in the 2nd race of a gp, he will get 9 points plus the points he gained from the first race
- If a player dcs in the 3rd race of a gp, he will recieve 6 additional points and the points he had gained from the first 2 races
- But if a dc happens in the last race of a gp, the player will recieve no additional points, but will of course get all the points he managed to get from that gp. This is so that noone can abuse it by manually dcing himself when he's about to come last
- Proof of how many points a person got before he got dced might be needed, but if the majority of the players in the room agrees on how many he had, I might accept it.
Hacking and Glitching
- Hacking and glitching are strictly forbidden, anyone proved guilty of hacking or using any known or unknown glitch, will be banned from participating in further events.
- Very good shortcuts, like the one in GBA Bowser Castle 3 is definately allowed though, seeing as it's a shortcut and not a glitch as some people wants to believe.
- If you believe someone has been hacking, please take contact with me privately, and I will see what ways can be done to get him caught. That is, if he's a hacker.
- You have to choose the character you get picked for by the randomizer.
- If you would choose the wrong character, your points will not count in that gp. And as long as you're not the host, you should dc yourself and join the next gp instead.
- If you have chosen the wrong character and affects the results in any way, you might get banned from participating in further events.
- If you're a host and have picked the wrong character you should not restart. If you do, you might get banned from hosting in further events. You should just drive slowly and far behind the rest without using any items.
- Pics of the scores is needed. If noone has taken any pictures of them, the scores will not count.
- Rooms must consist of 3 or 4 teams, otherwise the score won't count.
- If your team starts a gp with one player less, you will get 15pts to make up for that disadvantage.
- If you sign up for an event and can't make it to it, without informing me ahead of time, you might get warned or banned from participating in further events.
- Rooms are divided by the weight classes, so lightweight teams will be against other lightweight teams, but not against the other weight classes, and the same with middle- and heavyweights as well.
- Since I will probably be racing as well, hosts must take some responsibility for the rooms they're hosting. It's pretty small things though, mostly opening the room on time, and see that everyone can join the room. If we have any subs available and someone from the room seems to be missing, you can allow the sub to take the missing player's place. But wait at least until 5 minutes past the scheduled time before you allow the sub to join, just to give the missing player a fair chance to show up.
Every player will get as many points for an event as their team manage to get, so if a teammate of yours wins a race, it's exactly like you would have won. This will hopefully encourage people to cooperate.
Signing up for the TURTLE
Signing up for the tourney is easy, all I need from you is your name and FC. Please note, that you have to sign up for each event separately. You can play in as many or as few events as you want.
The webpage will be used for various things, most importantly is the pairings which I will do every week sometime in between the deadline for signups and the time for the matches. The webpage will also store all statistics including the results for every event played so far.
Matches will be played at 9PM BST (4PM EST) on Mondays.
Deadline for signups: 6PM BST (1PM EST) on Mondays.
Please note, that the deadline for signups might be delayed or put earlier, depending on how many have signed up at the time. It's always best to sign up as early as possible to secure a spot for the next event.
Special thanks to:
Violet for her team gp tournament she hosted sometime last year. It didn't work out since as we all know team gp is seriously flawed, but the idea for my tourney is heavily inspired by her former tourney.
Missie and Dinges for their lightweight tourney that gave me the idea of dividing teams by the characters.
Lokooyv and Demian for giving me feedback on my ideas, Demian is also the one making the webpage.
Riz for making the very much awesome banner at the top of this page. Thanks very much. :)